
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)Recently, I was advised by a dermatologist that SPF 15 just wasn't going to cut the mustard if I was going to start using retinol-based products. She recommended SPF60, but because she's European (I'm military overseas) wanted me to buy Anthelios by LaRoche-Posay.
Unfortunately, the LaRoche-Posay sunscreen contains avobenzone, to which I'm highly allergic. And I mean highly.
So, I embarked upon a quest for a non-goopy, non-ooky, non-whitening zinc/titanium oxide based, high SPF sunscreen. Boy, was that painful! Too many times, I either felt like I had bathroom caulk on my face or looked like an extra in a vampire movie. (The Twilight Look may be fine for a cute, chiseled, twenty-something young man but just doesn't cut it for a 40-plus woman...)
Trolling thru Amazon, I hit upon the Skinceuticals sunscreen line, but saw no reviews for the newest, Sheer Physical Defense SPF 50. I rely heavily on the reviews on this site and others to inform and guide my decisions. Even with nothing to go on I figured, "What's another $30 when you've already wasted so much money and been so frustrated?"
The sunscreen arrived about five days ago and I've worn it every day since then. It goes on incredibly well and is absolutely weightless; within a couple of minutes you don't even know that you're wearing sunscreen. It's absolutely amazing.
However...
It absolutely reeks.
I mean it really does. I honestly wondered if I'd gotten some type of factory reject or a bottle gone bad. But, it doesn't expire until 2012, and the box was completely sealed. (And the seller is perfectly reliable.)
Fortunately, after a couple of minutes the odor goes away, but initially it's a bit of a shocker.
The other surprise was the small bottle. But, after initially squirting out enough to cover my entire body, I realized that it's not goopy, but liquid, so requires far less product to do the job. (Warning: Don't squirt!)
Yes, it's expensive, but a little bit goes a long way, and it looks so good on your face that you'll be able to get by with either nothing but blush or a light powder. (Note: You can use it around your eyes without any burning OR having your eyeshadow crease and your mascara run. How many other products can claim that???) So, it all works out in the long run. Besides, how much money have we all wasted buying facial sunscreens that were awful?
Bottom line: THIS IS THE SUNSCREEN WE SENSITIVE SKIN FOLKS HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR!!
And, just to ensure that I had enough on hand, I waited to write this until I placed an order for two more bottles. ;~)
Click Here to see more reviews about: Skinceuticals Sheer Physical Uv Defense SPF 50 Broad-spectrum Sunscreen Fluid, 1.7-Ounce
Sheer Physical UV Defense is a physical transparent sunscreen with true broad spectrum coverage from UVA and UVB rays. This unique formulation provides a non-irritating, ultra sheer texture for all skin types, even the most sensitive.

0 comments:
Post a Comment